Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Writing songs with others, Performances, faith and the business end of things

Hello everyone! How are you? This past week has been hard work! The new single is doing really well, it's been posted on MySpace for a little over a week now and it's got 45 plays! That's REALLY good. I have also been recording more too. I just recorded a few takes of one song called "Until Tomorrow Lasts a Lifetime". I need to add more stuff to it though, it's not quite ready yet for an album. I guess the volume was too low. It happens. Anyway, it's all going really well. I have also been starting to write with other people. I wrote a song with a really good friend of mine, Jesus Martinez, we're like brothers and we have the same interests in writing music and we have a good connection. I think that's what's most important, you must have a good connection with your fellow writer before anything. I just put music to one of the songs that are going to be on the album with another good friend of mine too.


I have some performances coming up, two to be exact. I am performing with my high school choir on May 28, 2009 in the Mariner Theater building at Mar Vista High School in Imperial Beach. I also have a solo performance sometime this summer at a Children's Day service at One -Heart One-Mind Church in Mira Mesa. I have performed there several times. I'm glad to be going back. Things are going really well with me. I feel I'm on the right track. Of course, I pray to God every day asking him to guide me in the right direction with my life, music and relationship with others. I ask him to bless, heal and protect me and my loved ones in everything that we do together or individually. I know he'll never let me down, and he hasn't. It's because of him that I get to do all these things: Write, sing, have a musical talent and gift. I know that my talents and gifts will help me to become the star I've always known I'd become.
On the business end of things, I am going to be setting up photo shoots this coming week for my new album, website and music MySpace. I apologize for those of you who have viewed my music profile and have literally seen NOTHING but the first single on there. No default picture, no layout, NADA but a single! I'm sorry. That will change, this week. I know it! Again, thank YOU for all your love and support and I will check back with all of you very soon! Keep spreading the word around about my music, I know I will! I'm doing pretty good so far with getting myself out there and noticed!
Always follow your dreams!
With love from,
J-A

No comments:

Post a Comment