Friday, March 20, 2009

Our first session, collaboration skills and Music Appreciation

Hey there! As you know I have been busy with the Dolly Parton tribute event. We just had our first mentoring sessions on Thursday. It went really well. We have our second session on Monday. I am so excited that these sessions are finally starting I went through a good two months or so to get everything situated and organized.... AND I'M STILL NOT DONE! (haha!) But you know, its all a part of the process. I am having fun with every second of it! I just set up an agenda for the next session, I think an agenda is always good to plan out, that way things run quicker and a lot smoother too! The group still needs to work the group song which "9 to 5". They'll get it though.
I really do commend them for devoting their time to these sessions, Its amazing how love they have for music! I am so pleased with everyone's talent and commitment. Every project is a collaboration and I truly believe that collaboration is a wonderful learning skill, it's a skill we all use in our daily lives. Wether we're collaborating with our teachers, friends, workmates, roommates, family, associates, staff. It's a great skill that I think we all need to learn and master. These sessions will do just that! It's like a Music Appreciation session! It's wonderful.


Again, I am so happy that things are running smoothly so far! I still need some performers and musicians to come join! The sessions are Mondays and Wednesdays at Mar Vista High School in Room 710 from 2:40pm - 4:00pm. See you there!

Always follow your dreams!

with love from,
J-A

No comments:

Post a Comment