Friday, January 22, 2010

"John Lennon & Me"

Hello guys! How are all of you? For the past several months, I have been in rehearsals for the Mariner Theatre's new production, "John Lennon & Me". We opened Wednesday night and we are running till this Saturday @2pm. Tonight we have another performance, last night was okay, we could've done better. I guess due the horrible weather conditions is the reason why we didn't have that many people there. TONIGHT, I have a very good feeling about tonight. All my family and friends are gonna be there! And, by history the 2nd to last show is always the best!


I'll tell you, I have loved every moment of this production, all the rehearsals, and hours of practice. We have also had a lot of things wrong with this play. We had to postpone the play back in December due to a hole in our roof, that was back when we had a storm (the one before this one). I guess it all paid off, because now we feel so ready and so much more prepared to go on and we are confident that we are great and will be great every performance! We have been great so far!


I feel so blessed to have been able to work with such talented people and be surrounded by so much talent, love and energy. This cast and crew have been one of the best cast and crews I've ever worked with. I hope we can all keep in touch! Our director, Mrs. Marisela De La Parra is one of the best directors I've ever worked with. She is so easy to work with. She isn't the type of directors that demand demand demand! She doesn't "control" the cast in a whatever-I-say-goes attitude. She's amazing! She helps and guides us into the right direction.


If you haven't seen the play yet, please go see it tonight @ 7pm at Mar Vista High School in our drama building or see it tomorrow @ 2pm. Tickets are $5.

Lastly, I would like to thank God for blessing me with this production. I had done a professional play called "Oliver! The Musical in which I play the Artful Dodger. This was about 2 years ago and I had done it with a theatre company called World Dance N' Arts. We performed at the Escondido Center for the Arts. The rehearsal process of that production was a nightmare. It was frustrating, stressful and NOT fun! I'm not complaining or griping, thats just the facts, mainly because my aunt was co-director and she put a lot of personal problems into a professional setting. I always believe you CAN NOT do that in any type of project or business. Anyway, the play was a success and fun but not the rehearsals. I wanted to quit acting because I thought I didn't have the patience for it. Thank God, I got this part in "John Lennon & Me" because I realized that I do have patience for acting and its something I would like to do in the future. So thank you to the cast and crew of "John Lennon & Me" for breaking be out of my shell and for teaching me so much!!!! I love you al! And thank God for this production! I love you!

Go see the play!

Always follow your dreams!

Love,

J-A

No comments:

Post a Comment